Subject: Best way to install on 95?
From: [email-masked] (Saiyad Abdul)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 05:26:50 -0400

Hi I am sorry to ask this question as I am sure this has been discussed on
the list alot prior to this, but I just subscribed ....Anyways I just got a
my final 4.0 last week and and new p133 to run it....Anyways I have tried
installing the Win32 version and the NT version and haven't really noticed
a difference in performance....When installing both versions I noticed
that LW installed from the CONT16 folder rather than the CONT32
dir.....Shouldn't the CONT32 folder be used when the NT version was being
installed?...I rendered the textures benchmark and I was way off what I
have seen posted from others. On p133 with 32 megs of RAM,  with
low anti-aliasing on, and adaptive sampling on, I got around 2 1/2
minutes(with show rendering on).....I am pretty sure I saw just today
someone posting that for this scene they were getting well under sub 2
minute rendering for that scene(could slowness be soley attributed
to running under 95 as opposed to NT?) ....Anyways if anyone can help me I
would really appreciate it...thanks..

Sai

--
[email-masked] (Saiyad Abdul) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]